My top 5 personal news stories of 2012
I like how every December, news organizations compile lists of the top stories of the past year. It makes me wonder: What are YOUR top 5 stories of 2012 from your own life? Here are mine:
5. Establishing more of a presence online, including on Facebook and in this new personal blog, the MikeLewpedia.
4. Getting readjusted to being a Nebraskan again after being away from the state for 12 years, including completing the first year of my job at Class.com, moving into a place of my own after living with family and friends for about six months, getting reacquainted with old friends, and making many new ones.
3. Turning 40, and spending that weekend with my mom and brothers (my birthday was on Mother’s Day this year).
2. My emotional and psychological ups and downs, and the numerous things that played a role in triggering those.
1. Getting involved in the thriving atheist communities in Nebraska and nationwide, including attending the Reason Rally in Washington, D.C., the Midwest Freethought Conference in Omaha, and Skepticon in Springfield, Missouri.